Tuesday, July 30, 2013

5 ways to get your site better optimized for Google Adsense



by John K

Just because you have Google Adsense does not mean you’ll start making money right away or even start to build up a sizable. As I’ve said before, you should use Adsense as a way to make supplement or just extra income. With that in mind, please keep an open brain for some of these ideas to help you out greatly:

1.) Fresh Content is a must Nowadays, you cannot rest on your laurels and think that you’ll simply make money from content of yesteryear. No, you need to update! With the way Google constantly changes the algorithms, the best thing to do is to update with fresh content on a regular basis. It doesn’t have to be every single day, but just once a week or a couple times a week should suffice. This keeps you well ranked on the search engines, and it helps to bring your older posts to the forefront. Even your older posts can be updated with some fresh content that correlates to now. You can update with new information, new pictures, and even new SEO tags so they are better optimized for today’s date.

2.) Setting up your site I’ve found out that every site works differently. Some sites work better with more image ads. Some sites work better with more text based ads. Some sites work better with the ad placed right near the title. Some places work better with less ads. It’s all a matter of the way your site looks and the way it’s designed to hold the ads. Personally, one of my sites, my cocktail blog, is the best performer just because it’s a recipe site and I have my ads located at the top and the corners above the fold almost as if they go together. When people bid on your ads, it’s great to target your ads near the text. I’ve gotten clicks as much as 2-3 dollars a piece just because of that.

3.) Adding the right pictures One thing to note is having great pictures helps to draw attention, which means traffic. The title is cool, the keywords are cool, but if you take great pictures, you’ll get a lot of traffic. Take the search engine. Google’s SEO does not just deal with the written words, but they deal with the pictures as well. If you tag your pictures well, then that means more traffic and more potential clicks because that’s what the people look for. You have to really put in your head “what would people look forwhen they are searching these posts?”…”how do i capture an audience?”…these are things constantly going through my mind. I still have notes on my InkPad to help me decipher through my mind. Also, NEVER and I mean never knock the power of Pinterest and Tumblr. That is great, relatively untapped traffic when it comes to blogs.

4.) Videos!! Create more videos! Remember, text and blogs aren’t the only way to profit from Adsense. If you have great viral videos, you can definitely rake in some dough for your Adsense. That’s actually how I was able to get accepted into the Adsense program. They would not let me in the front door, so I found the back door to get in! The great thing about YouTube now is your YouTube channel and your website will be synced. This will give you even more SEO power, and more traffic. You’ll get great links back to your site and really start getting the money you deserve. Another reason why videos are great because you create the human factor. You have sound, visuals, and put yourself in the mix that transcend BEYOND the written word!

5.) Multiple niches Don’t just stick with one site and call it all good. If you have a knack for different things, then keep at it. Create multiple blogs. At the very least, you’ll find what works and what doesn’t work. You’ll find out what you spend more time on and focus on that then start branching out into more specific subjects. For example, I started out with a blog like Playstation 3 Game Console and I loved making people drinks so I developed Great Cocktail Recipes, I still loved video games so I’m going to start posting Gamer Cocktails. I loved business so i created 25 Home Based Businesses then I develop Home Based Business Tips from my experience with this blog. You see where I’m going? There are countless things you can do. You can even set up multiple YouTube channels and have some coinciding brands that can tie em up all together! Remember, there’s not one way to skin a cat!

Source: makingmoney2blog

comments

0 Responses to "5 ways to get your site better optimized for Google Adsense"
 

Copyright 2013 All Rights Reserved